This Sales Skills Assessment -- Discover Your Strengths And Weaknesses.
Do you know how your customers
perceive you in a selling situation? What do they like about you?
What about your style and behavior annoys them? Do you give consistently
solid performances, or are you erratic? How expert are you at the
wide variety of sales skills that top selling professionals need
to possess? This tool can help you quickly discover your selling
strengths and pinpoint those areas you still need to work on. Take
this 66-item sales assessment and discover what's holding you back
from reaching your full selling potential.
Take This Sales Skills Assessment
Discover Your Strengths And Weaknesses
Bill Cole, MS, MA
Founder and CEO
William B. Cole Consultants
Silicon Valley, California
In sales you are giving a performance, and you
have to be at your best. Can you give your best on command? Do you
know how you come across in a sales environment? How proficient
are you across the wide variety of selling situations in which most
professionals have to operate? How would you rate yourself on the
many sales tasks that don't involve being face to face with a customer?
This sales assessment tool will quickly provide you with the big
picture in your selling skills. It will help you begin to identify
your strong points, reveal your needed development areas and provide
a focus for any coaching session. It will also serve as a launching
point for understanding how the sales coaching process will unfold.
If you've hired me as your sales coach, please email
this back to me before our first coaching session at: Bill@MentalGameCoach.com . You may also use this form for your own self-analysis,
to begin working on your selling skills.
Here's how to complete the following 66-item Sales Skills Assessment.
1. Review this list of selling topics and mark the number ONE in
the space provided next to the items that seem MOST important and
URGENT to you to be WORKED ON FIRST.
2. Mark the number TWO next to those that seem NEXT most important
to work on.
3. Mark the number THREE next to those that seem to be in the THIRD
TIER of importance.
4. Make NO MARK next to those which DON'T seem to be important now,
or at all, or which DO NOT APPLY to you.
5. Place a QUESTION MARK next to those with which you are unfamiliar
and would like clarification.
6. If there are any areas or concerns you would like to address
NOT LISTED here, please write them in at the end of this form.
7. Please keep a copy for your own files. I have found that repeated
review of this assessment is quite helpful in allowing you to continue
to see new sales skills vistas.
Here we go with the assessment.
Sales Skills Assessment
Which of these 66 selling issues would you like
to know more about, get under control and master? Which ones are
holding you back from reaching your full potential?
- ___ Stop Choking, Panicking And Nerves
- ___ Improve Confidence
- ___ Better Mental Toughness
- ___ Handle Mistakes Better
- ___ Performance Consistency
- ___ Remove A Self-Critical Attitude
- ___ Reduce Frustration, Fears, Or Worries
- ___ Fix A Negative Attitude
- ___ Handle Rejection
- ___ Remove Mental Blocks
- ___ Deal With Distractions
- ___ Deal With Slumps, Brown-Out And Burnout
- ___ Improve Motivation
- ___ Get Into The Zone
- ___ Inner Selling
- ___ Deal With Negative And Hostile People
- ___ Mental Preparation For Selling
- ___ Goal Setting
- ___ Stress Management
- ___ Control Energy Levels
- ___ Mental Stamina
- ___ Fix The "I Perform Well In Practice, But Not In The Performance"
- ___ Improve Practice Efficiency And Effectiveness
- ___ Stay Relaxed And Focused Under Pressure
- ___ Reduce Self-Consciousness And Shyness
- ___ Self-Coaching Skills
- ___ Reduce Self-Sabotage
- ___ Minimize Perfectionism
- ___ Stop Procrastination
- ___ Time Management
- ___ Deal Effectively With Objections And Resistance
- ___ Visualization And Mental Rehearsal
- ___ Positive Thinking
- ___ Writing Sales Scripts
- ___ Selling On The Telephone
- ___ Team Selling
- ___ Selling In A Speech
- ___ Overcome The Fear Of Failure
- ___ Overcome The Fear Of Success
- ___ Audience/Customer Analysis In Sales Presentations
- ___ Room And Stage Set Up In Sales Presentations
- ___ Audio-Visual Factors In Sales Presentations
- ___ Handouts And Other Support Materials In Sales Presentations
- ___ Question And Answer Sessions In Sales Presentations
- ___ Content/Entertainment Mix In Sales Presentations
- ___ Closing Approaches
- ___ Customer Rapport And Connection
- ___ Prospecting
- ___ Cold Calling
- ___ Account Management
- ___ Marketing
- ___ Credibility And Authenticity
- ___ Body Language
- ___ Eye Contact
- ___ Humor And Stories
- ___ Pacing And White Space
- ___ Voicemail And Email Selling Strategies
- ___ Writing For Sales And Marketing
- ___ Call Reluctance
- ___ Qualifying Potential Customers
- ___ Selling Personal Services
- ___ Referral Selling
- ___ Enthusiasm, Passion And Involvement
- ___ Persuasiveness And Influencing Skills
- ___ Negotiation Skills
- ___ Customer Service
If there are any other selling issues that come up for you prior
to your first coaching session, please write them down so they can
be addressed. This is a fascinating, fulfilling journey you are
about to embark upon, one which will have far-reaching effects on
your career and on your life.
To learn more about how sales coaching can help you improve your
abilities in media situations, speeches, team sales situations,
and your overall sales career, visit Bill Cole, MS, MA, the Mental
Game Coach, at:
Copyright © 2011-
Bill Cole, MS, MA. All rights reserved.
Bill Cole, MS, MA, a leading authority
on peak performance, mental toughness and coaching, is founder and
CEO of William B. Cole Consultants, a consulting firm that helps
organizations and professionals achieve more success in business,
life and sports. He is also the Founder and President of the International
Mental Game Coaching Association (www.mentalgamecoaching.com),
an organization dedicated to advancing the research, development,
professionalism and growth of mental game coaching worldwide. He
is a multiple Hall-Of-Fame honoree as an athlete, coach and school
alumnus, an award-winning scholar-athlete, published book author
and articles author, and has coached at the highest levels of major-league
pro sports, big-time college athletics and corporate America. For
a free, extensive article archive, or for questions and comments
visit him at www.MentalGameCoach.com.
Free Re-Publishing Rights For This Article
You have our advance permission to republish this article,
as long as you do not sell it. The author's name, web address (MentalGameCoach.com)
and copyright notice (Copyright © Bill Cole, MS, MA) must appear
in all reprinted articles. If the article appears on a website or
in an e-zine, the article must include a link to a page in the MentalGameCoach
website. We would also appreciate your including the author's bio
and full contact information in your article, although this is not
a requirement. For additional information, see our full article
re-publishing permission guidelines.